Friday, January 13, 2012

Countdown: Day Ten or It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time

A Yerba Mate, Latte, Arranciata and a Hot Chocolate later, and I'm done with my semi-new story, A night more expensive than the century. 
I should probably check my cholesterol when I finish this challenge.
I'm so happy my friends, so happy.
Two days ago, I was working on Gorilla, and wanted to throw up every time I thought about writing. And I blame my husband. He's the one who's been pushing me to write that Gorilla story.
It's a fascinating story but it's a novel, not a story. I think I said this before.
And it's not like I'm not on a deadline here. It's not like I'm casually strolling whenever I feel like it, to a coffee shop and writing something that will take months, if not a year. No pressure.
No, this challenge is actually mostly what I have been doing for the last ten days. This and Yoga, to keep my sanity.
So, as much as Gorilla has potential, it has to wait until I finish this collection. I always wanted to write a novel anyway. But one difficult challenge at the time.
So, another 2,300 words today. Over my quota. And I enjoyed it.
And it's Friday the 13th. So appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment