Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Countdown: Day Seven

I got tired of going between my Yoga studio and my favorite neighborhood cafe for the last few days, so I decided to take off this morning to Georgetown, to Baked and Wired.
Ups for B&W: I cannot get online, ever, so I'm forced to write, resulting in 1,133 words today.
Downs for B&W: They have the best cupcakes in the city, and it's nearly impossible to resist.
So, I had half of Karen's Birthday, (it's my compromise) which is currently my favorite (chocolate cake, butter-cream frosting) and a latte, of course.
The latte did give me a little buzz later on.
So, this challenge will result in a speedy-finished second version and more pounds.
Anyway, last night I realized that if I write about 1000 words a day, for the next 15 days, I will have all I need, plus two days to fix everything up and mail it to the competition.
So, now, tired or not, I have to write every day.
And today I opted for a new story, instead of rewriting the old ones.
I don't know, I read some, and these are good stories, but written in a very non-fiction way, so, as my mother would say," I can't catch their head nor their tail."
Some other day.
In a meanwhile, new story. It's going to be a long one, I can tell.
And this one is actually a bit autobiographical.

No comments:

Post a Comment