Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ready, set, a week!

I'll be London bound in exactly one week, on a flying bar, i. e. Virgin Atlantic.
I don't think I was ever this excited about an actual flight. And, my friends, I fly a lot, aaaah lot!
So, today, a little bit of anxiety began kicking in, just about all the things I have to do, need to do, must do, in a week, since I'll be away for more than a month.
For example, I have to see a doctor on Friday since I probably need vaccines for Morocco and the last one I  got was in high school. I actually remember it quite vividly. Second floor of my high school in Nis, dark, late afternoon, bad light bulbs, small room with dark brown doors converted into a medical office for one day. Poorly...
I also still have my beloved fiction writing class at George Washington University, and some interpreting work on the day before my trip.
Since I'm planning on writing two articles--one analytical and one travel, I need to make sure I bring everything I need for work. I should actually do at least one interview before I go.
I have already set up most of my interviews in Europe, so that's good.
The act of packing this time will be fun, since I'm visiting five countries and over ten cities in a little over a month. Not to mention the fact that I need clothes for interviews, and casual strolling, as well as for cold Serbia and warm Morocco in April. As I said, fun as euphemism, since I'm allowed only one suitcase. I couldn't bring more than one anyway, considering that I only have two hands, and one back. (Backpack, laptop, purse...)
But despite my whining, I absolutely adore all aspects of traveling, which you will be able to live vicariously through this blog.
The only thing I regret this time is the fact that I will (sigh) miss many of my classes. It truly makes me sad, and reminds me that I cannot have it all despite the fact that I keep trying. Damn, so close!
So stay tuned. Starting next Wednesday-Thursday, I'll be blogging about my days in Europe.
Exciting, right, right? Oh, very!

No comments:

Post a Comment