Monday, December 31, 2012

Resolutions, resolutions...

So, are you going to the gym tomorrow? Or doing Yoga? Or beginning a new diet?

I love how arbitrary and fairy-taley the whole "New Year's resolutions" are, or rather the idea of, oh, I'm going to pig out today, but tomorrow, I'm going to be a good girl (or a boy.) Just because today is Dec. 31 and tomorrow January 1.
I bite into it just like everybody else. And I think it's a good thing.
Imagine if there were no "years," if everything was just a continues flow. We would all be "naughty" all the time, without even trying to be nice.

So, what's your 2013. resolution?

I'm turning vegan tomorrow! Again! But probably not forever. I'm a realist, and I know when my mother comes on Jan. 18th, she will mess up my veganism with her Eurocream (Eurokrem) and palachinke (crepes).
But, better 18 days than none, right? Right?
Also, I'm going to write every day. Either write or rewrite.
I have both my novel-in-stories to work on (I decided to rewrite three stories, and write a new one. Inspiration from my trip to Serbia, the recent one.) and my NaNoWriMo novel. That's a lot of work!
And I'll try to do Yoga every day.
What else?
I also want to finally find an agent, and market my writing much more, maybe enter some competitions, maybe find a residency....
And by the end of the year I might cut my hair off, dye it red and move to Italy.
Just kiddin...
Anyway, I had my horoscope done in Serbia for 2013, and apparently I'll be swimming in business proposals.
We'll see!

Whatever you decide to do, however you decide to change your life in 2013, (which I believe it's going to be an awesome year, since I was born on the 13th), be kind to animals and people! Especially living beings weaker than you and defenseless.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment